CIBSE Certified Low Carbon Consultants
Registrants on the CIBSE Low Carbon Consultants register have been certified by CIBSE to be competent to minimise energy use and carbon emissions from buildings both in design and operation. The additional two day training programme has enabled them to go beyond the current legal minima in improving the energy performance of both new and existing buildings. It is not a requirement for CIBSE certified Low Carbon Consultants to be members of CIBSE.
What can a qualified Low Carbon Consultant (LCC) do?
A Low Carbon Consultant Design Specialist can:
- Confirm Part L2A Compliance against all 5 compliance Criteria
- Advise on energy efficiency and conservation.
- Advise on and design low carbon and renewable technologies.
- Use passive design technologies to make the best use of shade and natural ventilation.
- Deliver the information needed to manage the building effectively and ensure that it continues to perform to its design intent after handover.
A Low Carbon Consultant Building Operation Specialist can:
- Reduce a building's energy costs.
- Suggest and implement cost effective energy efficiency improvements to an existing building.
- Incorporate low carbon and renewable technologies.
- Advise on how to develop a corporate social responsibility agenda.
A Low Carbon Consultant Simulation Specialist can:
- Ensure accurate and complete carbon emissions calculations for compliance with Criterion 1 ADL2A.
- Provide the calculations necessary for developing an Energy Performance Certificate.
Linford is an accredited Low Carbon Consultant for Design, Building Operation and Simulation
him for further discusion about your needs.